General Description/Position Summary:
Reporting to the EVP of Sales, the VP of Sales and Managing Director of EMEA is responsible for establishing Flip Electronics' presence in the growing market and leading Flip's EMEA sales function and team to deliver differentiated performance to the measured metrics of customer acquisition, growth in existing markets, and market expansion. He/she will be responsible for hiring, training, coaching, and managing strategies and tactics for regional sales to exceed organizational goals and targets.
The VP of Sales and Managing Director of EMEA will build and establish the region and lead and mentor a team in Europe. The ideal candidate must have experience scaling new business sales and proven experience building and leading a successful sales team.
You thrive in ambiguity and fast-paced, lean environments where you balance strategic planning and roll up your sleeves and get it done mindset.
Multilingual in German and English.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with an entrepreneurial spirit that drives a "deal-driven" methodology to deliver continued rapid growth.
- Analyze customer base and develop strategic and tactical account strategies to expand Flip into EMEA Regions.
- Build and lead a sales team to deliver on monthly, quarterly, and annual growth metrics.
- Engage and direct appropriate internal resources, including management, pre-sales, sales operations, etc., to facilitate "pre" and "post" sales processes that drive revenue and enable customer satisfaction.
- Effective management of lead generation, customer account acquisition, and tactical activities to drive customer experience and brand awareness.
- Develop the EMEA go-to-market strategy with the EVP Sales and EVP Supplier Marketing to deliver on sales and supplier metric accountability.
- Foster a culture of accountability and results by establishing critical performance criteria, metrics, performance management processes, and visibility.
- Collaborate and strategize in a diverse and cross-functional leadership team, all while effectively representing the sales function.
- Measure and report on sales performance, providing the information and insights the senior leadership team and investors need to grow the company successfully and deliver shareholder goals.
- Actively participate in the market, partnering with segment leaders to win business, leading/contributing to key account plans, and developing high-performance, win-win relationships with strategic customers and prospects.
Minimum Educational Qualifications & Experience:
- 15+ years of sales and sales management within the Electronics Components industry, specifically leading and scaling fast-growing sales organizations.
- University degree, with preference given to an advanced degree.
- Strong customer and supplier relationships within the EMEA region
- Multilingual expectations at a minimum of German and English
Certifications & Licenses:
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership and sales skills
- Motivational and inspirational
- Goal-oriented with attention to detail.
- Analytical skills to evaluate data.
- Accountable self-starter who is professionally persistent and collaborative
- Able to work under pressure and deliver on metric expectations.
- Ability to multi-task
- Understanding of executive-level business practices
- High energy level with a positive attitude
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding presentation and negotiation skills that enable building relationships & partnerships.
- Track record of achieving results
- Ability to build trust and loyalty to influence at all levels within the organization and with customers.
- Ability to establish and enhance trusted advisor relationships.
- Superior planning and organizational skills
- Overall sound decision-making skills and a strong business sense
- Continuous improvement orientation that exemplifies a desire to make self and team better.
- Competitive but driven for the team vs. individual wins.
Tools, Equipment, Software:
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Communication Platform - Zoom, Teams, and others
- ERP Software - an end-to-end solution for connecting and managing all processes.
- ECM Software - Shared Company Drive
- Networking – LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, etc.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform essential functions of this job successfully):
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Travel as needed with inter-region estimated at 25%-50%
Interested in applying for this position?
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com